Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why I'm voting for Ron Paul

It's election season. I know.  Election "season" sounds so wrong, doesn't it?   That should be an oxymoron, but in today's political climate it's almost become a necessity.  It takes that long for most politicians to decide what the people want to hear. (insert sarcasm there!) Politicians have lost their way and their purpose...except for one.  Ron Paul.

I like his stance on State's rights as opposed to the federal government controlling things that the Constitution explicitly bans them from controlling, but that's not why I'm voting for him.  I like his stance on illegal immigration, but that's not why I'm voting for him.  I really like his stance on getting jobs moving in the United States again.  The only way to do that is to get industrialized business back in the United States.  You can go around and around about that, but at the end of the day the only way for people to work is for them to have places to go to work.  Period.  And that's never going to happen with corporate taxes being 35%.  It's the second highest in the world and it's the reason that most corporations left the US to head overseas.  It's stupid.  You tax the people, not the entities that hire them.  Duh!  But, that's still not the reason I'm voting for him.

I love that he's a Christian. In fact, he openly states on his website that Jesus Christ is his personal Savior.  I love that he stands by his faith and his morals no matter what.  I love that he has never flipped his vote on taxation or the Constitution. I love that he's an OB/GYN who has delivered 4000 babies and does not believe that abortion is right and isn't afraid to say so.  However, he has also never voted to force someone else to believe that.  Yes, I like that because what he DOES vote for is that states have the right to vote on abortion rights and if enough people in THAT state want abortion to be legal, then it will be.  However, the federal government can't push that agenda as OK because it's not their place to do so and the people who don't agree with that stance have the option of living in a state that does.  THAT'S freedom...whether you like it or not. We will not change morality by changing the law.  We must actively educate people and change hearts and minds...the law will follow.

We can all agree on the fact that our Presidents for the last 25 years have pretty much fallen for anything or been bought off by big business to agree to just about anything, right?  Not, Dr. Paul.  He's consistent and true.  Who doesn't like that?  Especially when we're talking about someone who is running the most powerful country in the world.  But, that's still not my primary reason for voting for him.  

Dr. Paul returns a large portion of his Congressional office budget back to the General Treasury, also.  How much you wanna bet you can't find another politician who does that?  I'll be willing to take that bet, by the way.  He REFUSES to accept the Congressional pension plan and REFUSES to accept the Congressional health plan, as well.  He does not believe that politicians should get special breaks as servants of the public...and even better...he ACTS on those beliefs.  That's what I want in a President of the United States.  A man who stands by his beliefs and then ACTS on them.  His voting record is his record of truth.  No flipping, no big money, no Unconstitutional voting...EVER.  I want a man in office who not only believes what he says, but who acts on it.

We are in a mess in the United States and it's time we started getting out heads out of our behinds and face this head on.  I don't want to hear good teleprompter readers, or sappy stories.  I don't want to hear about what you're "going" to do; I want to know what you've done!  I don't want to vote for someone who has more money in their coffers from big business than they do the little people.  It's the little people who are hurting and need someone to stand up for them.  I've yet to find a candidiate who not only says they will, but has actually done so other than Rep. Ron Paul.  That's why I'm going to vote for him in 2012.  He does what he says he'll do and he stands by the right to freedom and liberty for everyone....EQUALLY! 

I urge you to stop listening to CNN, FOX, etc...and do your own research on the issues.  Every politicians voting record is out there, you just have to care enough to look.  Do you care enough about your kids futures to look?  I certainly hope so because as of right now, our kids are trillions of dollars in debt and there's only one man who's willing to even discuss it!   VOTE 2012!  RON PAUL!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment