Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year...2013

Is anyone else flabbergasted that it's 2013?  I mean, seriously.  When I was a kid, Terminator was telling me in 2029 we'll have cyborgs with human skin and cars that could float.  I'm kinda looking forward to the floating cars.  I think I'll skip the cyborgs.  It seems like Y2K was yesterday and the whole Mayan thing with the world ending in 2012 was kind of awkward, wasn't it?   Time is stealing my babies and the world seems to be turning a little quicker these days.

We don't make resolutions around our house...we're more into what we'd like to accomplish in the coming year.  Resolutions just seem so rigid and stiff.  So, here's my "2013 goals I'd like to accomplish":

1.  I want to stick to my Scripture Memory team's guidelines and FINISH the race on memorizing at least 2 Scriptures a month.  That may seem low to some of you, but I want to MEMORIZE them.  The kind of memorization that means you can whip them out as fast as you can the days of the week, not just "pass the test" and then forget 'em. 

2.  Finish my book. 

3.  Learn to knit.  I know that sounds lame, but I actually want to learn how to make something that I can give as a gift.  Something that my kids, friends, parents, etc...will cherish.  I'm not crafty (that's a kind way to say how not crafty I am), so this one will pose a challenge for me. 

4.  Travel  more.  I'd like to go to some really out of the way places. 

5.  Have family night every week.  Just do something with my kiddies and my man with no distractions, no phones, no emails...just us doing something fun and together. 

If you have something you'd like to share for your New Year, I'd love to hear it!!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment