Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014...It's a New Year

Do you make resolutions?  I used to.  I'd make them, change them, break them and forget them, so I stopped doing that a few years back.  Now, I make more of a map...a guide, if you will.  I pray about things, get still for a second and then write down what comes to mind.  Things that I'd like to accomplish, things I'd like to do, things I want to change and heartfelt feelings that need to come out.  Even some things I want to enhance from year to year make their way onto the page. 

This year, I thought I'd share some with you:

1.  Tell the truth.  Even if it hurts.  I'm speaking about myself here, not tell the truth as in stop lying.  I rarely lie to anyone...just ask my friends.  I'm not the girl you want to ask if you don't want the truth.  However, I am prone to lie to myself.  I want to stick it out, change it, bend it and make it work for me, even if I know it's never going to happen.  So, I want to be kind to myself and tell the truth.  Even if I don't want to hear it.

2.  Monitor my tongue.  You'd think those two things wouldn't go together, but they do.  I talk too much.  It's a way to dominate and keep people away.  It's also caused me countless amounts of unnecessary grief, not to mention hurting others.  So, it's time to change.  That's all on me.

3.  Continue to write. It's coming easier now and starting to pay off.  I love it.

4.  Simplify my life.  Just simplify everything.

5.  Honor the time I've been given.  It's finite and I want to treat it that way.

6.  Be creative.  Too often I tend toward the logical, but my heart aches for the creative. I was taught that logic is more appealing, so I've always tended toward that even if creativity was what my heart longed for and needed. I crushed on Spock as a kid.  Enough said.

7.  Tell convention to take a hike.

8.  Just live.  Be in the moment.  Every moment.

Happy New Year!!  May 2014 bring us joy, love, peace and beauty that can't be defined.  And may each of us see what's right in front of our face.

Kristi  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment