Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My Utmost for His Highest

I've been revisiting my favorite devotional book recently and wanted to share it with you...and tell you the things God has placed on my heart.   My all time favorite devotional book is, "My Utmost for His Highest", by Oswald Chambers.   I love it!

So, here's what I'm doing over the next year...

I'm going to read a devotional every day, pray over it, re-read it...then re-read it again.  I'm believing God has a purpose in why my heart wants to do this.  I want to know Him.  Don't you?  Does your heart long to KNOW him and believe Him?.  Believe Him the way that Abraham believed him.  Complete abandon to Christ in every area, every moment. 

I'm going to journal every day so I can look back and see what God has done and praise Him for it.  I may journal some of it here and would love comments along the way.  I'm hoping to eventually write something from each verse here and discuss what God is actively doing in my life.  The Bible tells us to knock and the door will be opened.  Ask and we will receive.  Seek and we will find.  I'm knocking, asking and seeking...and I believe that He is faithful. 

Here's a small excerpt from "My Utmost for His Highest" and something that stuck with me:

"My worth to God in public is what I am in private. Is my master ambition to please Him, or something less, no matter how noble?"  

May God be pleased and glorified, above all things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment